How to apply for funding - Palliative Care
How to apply for funding
Palliative Care Organisations
One of the John Pearce Foundation's areas of focus is the support of organisations which provide palliative and end-of-life care services to individuals, whether they are elderly or have a life-limiting illness, within Hong Kong or a 15-mile radius of UK horse racing centres including, but not limited to:
- Newmarket (Suffolk);
- Lambourn (Berkshire); or
- Malton (North Yorkshire).
There is no set size for grants. If you are considering submitting an application, please take a few minutes to read the guidance below to ensure your project falls within the scope of our grant-giving.
What we will consider
- Applications from both registered charities and from entities which are not registered charities;
- Applications for project, research or core costs (including overheads);
- Applications for capital projects;
- Applications for one-off or single year grants;
- Applications for multi-year grants;
- Applications for projects which are a continuation of previous or established work;
- Applications which are innovative or have an element of risk where the demonstrable need is great and it can be shown that the work has the potential to achieve a substantial impact.
What we will not consider
- Applications which solely benefit individuals;
- Applications that focus solely on advocacy;
- Applications for retrospective funding; and
- Applications for religious or overtly political activities and the promotion thereof.
Applications are currently open
We are accepting applications for the current funding round until July 4th, 2022.
Previous funding recipients
Marie Curie Community Nurse & Support Line Worker
Amidst the COVID19 pandemic, the Foundation supported two positions at Marie Curie: a community based nurse, and a Support Line worker.