How to apply for funding - Racing & Breeding
How to apply for funding
Racing & Breeding Organisations
One of the John Pearce Foundation's areas of focus is the support of those within the horseracing and thoroughbred breeding industry who are in need, whether equine or human. There is no set size for grants. If you are considering submitting an application, please take a few minutes to read the guidance below to ensure your project falls within the scope of our grant-giving.
What we will consider
- Applications from both registered charities and from entities which are not registered charities;
- Applications from the United Kingdom and Hong Kong – and, in exceptional circumstances, those from other geographical locations;
- Applications for project, research or core costs (including overheads);
- Applications for capital projects;
- Applications for one-off or single year grants;
- Applications for multi-year grants;
- Applications for projects which are a continuation of previous or established work; and
- Applications which are innovative or have an element of risk where the demonstrable need is great and it can be shown that the work has the potential to achieve a substantial impact.
What we will not consider
- Applications which solely benefit individual jockeys and/ or trainers;
- Applications that solely focus on promoting the racing industry;
- Applications for retrospective funding; and
- Applications for religious or overtly political activities and the promotion thereof.
Applications are currently open
We are accepting applications for the current funding round until October 2nd, 2023
Previous funding recipients
The Racing Centre
The Newmarket community hub underwent a series of renovations to improve its facilities and create a state-of-the-art café.